Code of Ethics
- I will make primary the protection and safety of people and property.
- I will be honest and impartial, and will serve with devotion, my clients and the general public.
- I will strive to increase the competence and prestige of the Institute.
- I will conduct myself honorably, responsibly, and ethically so as to enhance the honor and the reputation of the Institute and its members.
Relations with Clients
- I will act in professional matters as a faithful agent of the client.
- I will inform each client of any business connections, interests, or affiliations which might influence my judgment or impair the equitable character of my services.
- I will not disclose information concerning the business affairs or technical processes of any present or former client.
- I will respect and protect the client’s property.
Relations with Peers
- I will endeavor to aid the professional development and advancement of the lightning protection industry.
- I will not compete unfairly with others; will extend my friendship and confidence to all Institute members and to those with whom I have a business relationship, without bias toward race, religion, or gender.
- I will endeavor to insure the integrity of the Institute’s certification programs.